04 June 2011

52 Weeks of Color Challenge: Denim


Miyoko is very sad. In my past posts I was finally using SL shadows and I really loved them. BUT I'm one of the lucky person who had her gmail attacked and I had to install a complete fresh system. I'm now on Windows 7 and I tried several SL viewers (Emergence, Kirstens, and the most painful one ever Linden Lab V2) in none of them I managed to get shadows for my avatar. Not sure what else to try...

My original text for this post was:
52 weeks of color challenge: denim! It's ironic that denim and jeans can be American symbols, it stays a French invention as the material was invented in France in the city of Nimes (de Nimes became denim) and the word jean comes from the French name of the Italian city Genoa (Genes) where the 1st jeans were made.

Pose: HelaMiyo Just saying
Hair: TRUTH Kalia - night
Skin: .::Mother Goose's :: . Becky LB
Top: :VESNA: Lu shirt white
Dress: ArisarisAG4 Megan Group
Socks: Maitreya Moxie Over-Knee Socks * Black
Shoes: Pixel Mode [PM] Baby T's Plain 2.0 : Snow
Bracelets: TART Mixed Bangles-Silver

7 comments:

  1. I am hugging you over the GMail thing and thank you for the facts about denim that I did not know. Even without shadows I love this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, its sad about the shadows though *is sad for you*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you do look so sad. ;_; The g-mail thing and revamping computer sucks. The shadow problem is strange though, I have Windows 7 Pro and I use Kirstens and the shadows work just fine. I really don't know enough about computers to troubleshoot, though. v_v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sorry about your comp problems. Cute jumper though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs back all carefully not to put mascara on your clothes*
    I was madly intalling clients trying to get what was required for each to get shadows. I updated my hardware and I followed the usual steps I used before. I had various shadows just not casting on my avatar. Good news Kirstens works with Seven, I'll try more till it works.
    <3 Miyo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad! I have issues with graphics and shadows myself, can we cry together? At least you will look cuter than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh noooo! I don't want you to cry... /me passes a tissue to Eliza, we'll fix that at some point and we'll have stunning pictures again soon on our blogs :)

    ReplyDelete